Valentine’s Day Through The Eyes of a Child.
As we get older, we can find ourselves running out of ideas to celebrate those we love. To get a fresh perspective, we asked for advice from some well-known experts in our community – your kids!
If you’re struggling with what to buy that special person in your life, or you’re not even sure they feel the same way you do, we hope the answers to the following questions will be helpful.
1. What is Valentine’s Day?
2. How do you know if someone loves you?
3. What’s a good Valentine’s Day gift?
Peyton, age 8
1. Valentine’s Day is a day that you dance and give gifts.
2. You know someone loves you by hugs.
3. A good Valentine’s gift is candy and toys to give.
Parker, age 3
1. Heart. Two ones.
2. Mommy loves me. And, Daddy loves me.
3. Hearts and a bath bomb.
Brady, age 9
1. You get gifts for everyone you know and love.
2. They look out for me.
3. Heart shaped candies
Gwennie, age 6
1. Valentine’s Day is where you have love and family over for food.
2. You know someone loves you if they give you a heart sign.
3. The best Valentine present is shoes with hearts on them.
Kylie, age 6
2. They hug you.
3. A dog and a cat.
Michael Gage, age 7
1. A day to celebrate something … I don’t know. Oh yeah. To love each other.
2. You ask!
3. Candy?? And love.
M.J., age 9
1. Valentine’s Day is not a legal holiday where the government closes schools, but it’s where you give small gifts or letters or candy to give love to others.
2. I know someone loves me if they tell me and hug and kiss for no reason.
3. The best Valentine presents are cards and chocolate candy.
Sara, age 9
1. A day for loving your family and your friends.
2. If you’re nice to them and they’re nice to you.
3. Put a nice card with maybe some candy and say that you appreciate them.
Nathan, age 6
1. The day of love.
2. They say “I Love You” and give you a gift.
3. A Card and CANDY!
Amelia, age 7
1. A holiday to celebrate love and kindness.
2. They can give you a card.
Raleigh, age 6
1. To celebrate Valens…?
2. Because they say I love you and they share things.
Addison, age 6
2. Because they act nice.
3. A card or a fairy bookmark, but not a plain one − a fancy one.
Anslee, age 7
1. A day of being nice, giving cards, being kind, helping and giving hugs.
2. Hugs and kisses.
3. A card, stickers and healthy good treats.
Austin, age 11
1. It’s something for your mother.
2. Because they kiss you.
3. A heart and candy.
Inman, age 11
1. A day you get lots of chocolate!
2. When they think of you before themselves.
3. A dog!
Kate, age 4
1. That means when you get cards.
2. Because they love you forever.
3. Giving out cards.
Sienna H, age 11
1. A day that you show everyone that you love that you care about them.
2. They say I love you and if you’re sick, they give you medicine and take care of you.
3. Either a card or anything… anything is a really good present.
Palmer, age 8
1. A day to celebrate love.
2. They are always there for you.
3. Something that comes from the heart.