There’s an abundance of events going on in our area this weekend, one of the biggies is The Canton Festival of the Arts in downtown historic Canton at Brown Park. The festival will be Saturday and Sunday, May 19-20 from 10:00am to 5:00pm.
This year, the Canton Festival of the Arts will feature a Literary Celebration, with a mix of discussions and workshops by best-selling and award-winning local, regional and national authors. the Literary Celebration will cover many genres, including young adult, cooking, children’s books, Christian fiction and local history. To check the schedule of authors, you can go to Yawn Books’ website here.
Other features of this year’s Canton Arts Festival include:
- Artist Market with Over 60 Exhibitors from nine states. Different types of art will include fine blown glass, jewelry, pottery, sculpture and more.
- Serenity Gardens – These gardens have developed into a learning opportunity for the entire family, with emphasis on the art of gardening, canning, environmental protection and healthy living.
- Wine and beer garden, as well as other local food vendors
- Hands-on children’s Activities including mural painting, photography, drawing, dance, drama and more.
- The Best Of Open Mic Night performers will take the stage on the plaza of Canton’s City Hall
Parking will be free, so come on out and bring the whole family! For more information about the Canton Arts Festival, you can visit their website here.
Photo courtesy of Flickr.
Leave a Reply