After last week’s announcement of the voting deadline for our Reader’s Choice Awards, we’ve gotten some questions about the tallying process and when the winners will be announced. So, we’ve compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions regarding the contest to help answer any lingering questions.
- When will the winners be announced to the public? The winners will be announced in the April issue of the TowneLaker.
- How do you prevent people from going in and voting for themselves over and over? In the contest rules, it is stipulated that each individual was able to vote from the same IP address four times. We had a filter in place that did not count votes that exceeded the IP address limit.
- Will the winners be notified ahead of the publication date? No. In order to keep it fair to all winners, everyone will find out at the same time.
- What do winners get? Winners will get a personalized certificate, a window cling and the ability to use the Readers’ Choice Winner logo on any 2013 advertising.
- I live near Sixes Road, will Sixes Living Magazine do it next year? Yes. Sixes Living Magazine will be participating in their own Reader’s Choice Awards next year, so be on the lookout for the announcement sometime next winter.