Teaching has changed a lot over the years in the area that is now known as Towne Lake. The original schools in Cherokee county were one room school houses that housed all grades and operated around farming schedules.
Today, the Cherokee county school system serves over 35,000 students and our teachers have state of the art tools, technology and facilities. At the end of the day however, student achievement is best served by those that have the human touch and commitment of an educator who cares about their students and has a passion for teaching.
Every year, each school in our area nominates its own Teacher of the Year – quite an honor since the nominating is done by his/her peers. These outstanding educators have shown the caring and passion mentioned above, that this career choice demands.
We are proud to feature and honor our local Teachers of the Year for 2013.
- Joyce McQuinn – Woodstock Elementary
- Jillian Nichols – Oak Grove Elementary Fine Arts Academy
- Nathan Whitehurst – Carmel Elementary
- Susan Vance – Bascomb Elementary
- Laura Mikes – Boston Elementary
- Donna Dochney – E.T. Booth Middle
- Virginia Richards – Chapman Intermediate
- Lorin Cook – Woodstock Middle
- Melissa Paurowski – Etowah High
- Jennifer Forsyth – Woodstock High
Congratulations to all of our Towne Lake area Teachers of The Year for 2013!
For more information on area schools and everything Towne Lake, visit our website or look for our monthly magazine, available in local businesses throughout the area.