This weekend the city of Woostock is hosting another concert, part of the 15th Annual Woodstock Summer Concert Series. This Saturday, August 11th, Woodstock residents can get down to American pop rock band The Lovin’ Spoonful. Does the name ring a bell? Popular songs from this artist are “Summer in the City”, “Do you Believe in Magic?”, and “Daydream.”
If you haven’t been to one of the summer concerts in Woodstock, first, you’re missing out! Second, here are a few helpful hints for newcomers from the staff at the Townelaker:
- If you’ve been to concerts in downtown Woodstock in the past, you might be surprised to learn that the setup is now located at the Park at City Center, formally called Downtown City Park. (Address is 101 Arnold Mill Road.)
- Prepare for the weather. Pack an umbrella, because you’ll never know if a summer storm will pass through, and the events are rain or shine.
- Coolers are permitted., as well as your own food and beverages.
- Some folks come as early 2:00pm to get a really good spot. If you want a good spot, you should also arrive fairly early. (This is when the cooler comes in handy for ice-cold drinks.)
- Restaurants in the downtown area are actually not as packed as you may think. Grabbing a bite before the concert is easily doable.