Welcome to 2015! We hope that 2014 was full of great memories for you and your families. As our staff turned the page to open a new year, many of us worked on New Year’s resolutions or New Year’s goals!
Perhaps the most common New Year’s resolutions out there involve eating better, exercising more, and losing weight. Here to help you with those goals in the start of 2015 is the Cherokee Recreation and Parks Agency (CRPA). There are tons of things available to help you ring in the new year with physical activity in Woodstock and beyond.
Here are a couple of the upcoming events and opportunities that CRPA has to offer in the new year:
- January 4-WIBIT Day-If this makes you wonder what a Wibit is, check out images of the inflatable obstacle courses here: Wibit Sports
- January 5-registration begins forCherokee Youth Softball Spring Season
- January 31-Dive In Movie-Drive In Movie Theaters seem to be a thing of the past, but in Woodstock you dive in the water and enjoy a Dive In Movie at 6pm on the 31st!
- February 1-WIBIT Day
- February 16-20-Non-Stop Action Camp-Children from 5-12 years of age will be able to participate in a fun and exciting week of local field trips and activities during the school break.
- February 2-Spring registration begins. Record this day to register for the spring session.
- Februay 18-American Red Cross Babysitting-Perhaps your resolution was to get a first job babysitting friends and neighbors. A certification might help!
- February 28–Guns and Hoses 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run-If your New Year’s resolution involved running more, this is a great opportunity to beat your PR in 2015!
Whatever your goals are for 2015, we hope that you won’t forget to make the TowneLaker a part of your year! Don’t forget to keep up with us in print, online, and through our social channels on Twitter and Facebook.
Leave a Reply