Clark Salon & Spa is a full-service salon and spa that takes care of guests across North Georgia. Proudly serving the Woodstock and Canton communities for 21 years, Clark Salon & Spa has a team of more than 20 skilled professionals consisting of stylists, nail technicians, massage therapists and estheticians.
Salon owner Keenan Clark has worked hard building this business – started by his father, Billy Clark in July 1978 – to be the best it can be. In 2001, the salon was relocated from Atlanta to Cherokee County.
Keenan has expanded and evolved the business to become a beautification and relaxation destination “that will leave you looking and feeling fabulous,” he said. “In fact, Clark Salon & Spa is the only full-service salon and spa in Georgia that offers floatation therapy with wave float rooms.”
Float Your Cares Away
Floatation therapy is a unique way to find relief from stress, sore or tired muscles, chronic pain, or even the negative news of the day. Keenan explained the process:
“You’ll float your cares away in your own float room in 10 inches of water with 1,000 pounds of pharmaceutical-grade epsom salt. The water is heated to skin temperature at 93.3 degrees. You can choose to float with relaxing spa music and soothing LED light, or in total darkness and silence (the classic way to float).”
The ultimate relaxation and restorative experience is a 60-minute float followed by a massage or facial. A day at the spa package includes a float, massage, facial, pedicure and an organic smoothie from Harvest Moon. Gift cards are available at www.clarksalon.com.
Always committed to using the best color in the industry, Keenan chooses Schwarzkopf Color with no hesitation. Clark Salon & Spa is a fully certified Schwarzkopf Color salon.
Schwarzkopf Color was developed by colorists for colorists, and the team of professionals prides itself on using the award-winning hair color line as well as other top-notch product lines, such as R+Co and Moroccan Oil.
“In my 20 years of being a hair colorist, it’s definitely the best hair color I’ve ever worked with,” Keenan said about the Schwarzkopf line. “It keeps the hair healthy and shiny. It controls unwanted brassy tones or creates vibrant reds that actually last better than any color I’ve ever seen. The longevity of the color line is excellent and so is the gray coverage.”
Keenan is proud of Clark Salon & Spa’s culture; he cited many reasons for the excellent employee retention.
“There are many benefits to being part of our team. We offer an apprenticeship program for new students, and we have a career path with trackable promotions,” he said. “We provide in-house education and cover half the cost of any outside education. We do one-on-one monthly coaching to establish and hit goals with the support of myself and two managers.”
In addition to encouraging the employees’ professional goals, Keenan promotes personal well-being and development by offering weekly pay periods, free floatation therapy and gym membership reimbursement to Onelife Fitness. Keenan is most proud of the company’s matching 401(k) plan.
Following in his father’s footsteps, Keenan believes taking good care of his employees is the secret to his success. “I care more about the hearts of my team members more than anything else,” he said. “We are always hiring. You just need to be nice and coachable.”
For career opportunities or questions about hair and skin care, Keenan said, “We would love to meet you. Come in for a tour anytime; we’d love for you to make Clark Salon & Spa your new salon home.”
Keenan Clark’s Tips For Perfect Hair Color
Having your hair color done by a professional colorist should make you look younger. It is probably the fastest, least expensive, most effective, painless and harmless anti-aging service available to us. I always tell people that having your hair color done correctly can take 10 years off your appearance.
- Your hair color should enhance and complement your complexion and reduce unwanted lines.
- Your color should not be darker around your face, but a level lighter for anti-aging and softness.
- Your hair should remain healthy and shiny when your color is done correctly.
- Lighten your hair color one level with each decade of life. This will keep you looking younger and keep the contrast of regrowth less noticeable.
- Your colorist should never overlap permanent color on your hair. I have built my clientele and reputation by specializing in single process gray coverage. Each of my single process clients leaves my chair with the dimension that looks highlighted. You don’t have to pay for a highlighting service if your single process is done right. Having gray hair can actually work in your favor when you use your gray to be your highlights. I often see gray-coverage customers highlighted unnecessarily. There are definitely certain looks and scenarios that can only be achieved by highlighting, but the more gray or white hair you have, the less highlighting is necessary to have a beautiful dimensional hair color.
For examples of dimensional hair color without lightening the hair, go to #clarksalonsingleprocess on Instagram.
If you’d like a consultation, it would be our pleasure to sit down with you and talk hair. I’d like to invite you to see and experience the difference in hair color done right at Clark Salon & Spa. We look forward to serving you.
Leave a Reply