Do you have dreams of being the next Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood or even Kelly Pickler? Here is your chance. American Idol auditions are scheduled for the Atlanta area on Friday, July 26th at the Gwinnett Center.
There has never been a winner from the metro Atlanta area, season 11 winner, Phillip Phillips of Leesburg in south GA, was the only winner from the peach state in all 12 seasons. Several winners from other states have started their American Idol journey at the Atlanta auditions over the years, so the opportunity is there. Maybe the next winner could even be someone from Woodstock or Towne Lake!
Pre – Registration is all day on Thursday, July 25th with the actual auditions occurring on Friday, July 26th.
General Requirements –
- You are a U.S. citizen or a permanent legal U.S. resident who is eligible to work full-time in the United States; and
- You are 15 to 28 years old on May 16, 2013 (which means you must be born on or between May 17, 1984 and May 16, 1998). If you were born before or after this window, you are not eligible to participate this season.
If you are asked to audition for one of the semi-final rounds of the competition, you MUST be able to demonstrate that you do not have any of the following agreements in effect –
- A contract for talent representation (for example, a talent agent or manager);
- A current music recording contract;
- A current music publishing contract;
- A current agreement relating to the use of your name, voice and/or likeness;
- An exclusive acting contract; or
- Any other contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from fully participating in the show and/or entering into any contracts required by Producer, including an exclusive management contract, recording contract, music publishing contract, and merchandising contract.
The new season of American Idol begins in January 2014, airing locally on Fox 5 Atlanta.
Additional information regarding pre-registration, auditions and general requirements can be found at American Idol.com