Thank you for your interest in AroundAbout Local Media – the TowneLaker, Sixes Living and Around Woodstock magazines – for your print advertising needs. Our publications unite the communities we serve by sharing uplifting and relevant content that the readers are unable to find in any other publication. Our glossy and colorful pages are filled with human interest stories, calendars and the latest school news, along with articles that offer tips and advice for everyday living. The long-lasting nature of our features makes our readers pick up our magazines time and time again, which gives repeated exposure to the ads. In fact, our publications are often referred to as coffee table magazines because our readers keep them around, giving them a shelf life of 30 days or longer. Through these pages we offer an ideal opportunity for businesses to gain exposure within their targeted community.
Our publications are free, and mailed directly to the residents in each distribution area. Additional copies are placed in strategically located racks in each community, approximately 15 racks in each area. We also personally deliver extra copies to medical offices, coffee shops and other businesses where clients or patients are looking for reading material. Rack locations are listed on each magazine’s website.
- The TowneLaker has served the Towne Lake and surrounding communities for more than 17 years. Monthly, 16,000 magazines are distributed with 14,800 mailed directly to local homes and businesses.
- Sixes Living has been in publication since 2000 and serves the Sixes Road corridor, which includes the 2,700-home BridgeMill community as well as points north toward Canton and east to Holly Springs toward Hickory Flat. We feature news from downtown Woodstock and the developing historic downtown Canton. Monthly, 16,250 magazines are printed, with 14,700 direct mailed.
- Around Woodstock debuted in 2004 and serves downtown Woodstock and areas to the east of the city. Monthly, 16,300 copies are printed and 15,000 sent in the mail.
We have been an integral part of the growth of Towne Lake, and have watched the area expand from a handful of new subdivisions to an established community of families supported by an active, resident-led business community.
Our Internet Presence
The many facets of our multimedia company include a printed magazine and a digital version available on each magazine’s website. Through our web presence, we are able to offer more in-depth community resources such as school and church listings, civic and nonprofit club information, a community calendar and weekly blog with additional news not found in the magazines. Past issues are archived on the site and readers and website viewers are able to reach our editor or marketing manager with the click of a button. We utilize Facebook to post items that we receive between issues and to link to our blogs, sending viewers to our website.
We have a variety of advertising opportunities available to meet our clients’ needs. We offer print advertising which includes print ads and editorial advertisements called advertorials. Our ad prices are based on the size of the ad and the length of the contract. We offer 4, 8 and 12-month contracts. With a two-month deposit, you can start advertising; you’ll be billed monthly after that. We offer our clients:
- Flexibility. Our contract terms range from 4, 8 and 12 months, and we will work with you to meet your business needs. If your business is a seasonal one, we will work with you to advertise at times when you will have the most response.
- Ads and editorial options. In addition to the standard third, quarter, half and full-page ads, we can create an advertorial, which is an editorial that allows you to go into greater detail about your business. An advertorial is the same price as a full page ad. If you choose to be featured on our cover, you also get a two-page spread inside the magazine.
- Covers. Our covers feature your business on the magazine’s front page, which is seen by more than 16,000 viewers each month who receive the publication through the mail or by picking from one of many magazine racks we have placed in local businesses, medical waiting rooms and other strategic locations. When you purchase a cover you will also receive a two-page story about your business, allowing the readers to learn about your company and all that you have to offer. Our covers are popular because they drive business!
- Ad design at no charge. Our experienced art department can design an ad for you that will get noticed and appeal to your target customers at no additional charge.
- Discounts for multiple magazines. If you choose to target the audiences of two or all three of our magazines, you’ll get a discount in your monthly costs.
- Reasonable deadlines. The printing deadlines are staggered for each magazine. The ad deadline for Around Woodstock is the 5th of the month, for TowneLaker, it’s the 10th and for Sixes Living, the 15th.
- Marketing Consultation. Our team will be glad to meet with you in person or on the phone to discuss the best advertising plan for your business. We can work with all budgets and make the best recommendation based on your budget, target audience and business needs.