Things have been going well at the Woodstock Farm Fresh Market since it opened in mid-May, according to Kyle Bennett, Woodstock’s tourism manager. The market is open 8:30 a.m.-noon Saturdays through Dec. 19.
“We have a great line up of vendors and we have been thrilled with the support the community has shown the market,” he said. “Our tip to new shoppers is to shop the market in the first hour it opens. The most popular items can sell out quickly so if you want the best selection at the market, be sure to visit the market when it opens.”
Organizers have worked hard to make sure the market is safe for vendors and shoppers. Vendor booths have been spaced farther apart in a new layout that utilizes the Elm Street Green. Here’s a list of guidelines shoppers are asked to follow.
- Do not attend the market if you are sick or at risk.
- Folks at risk should consider using the virtual farmers market page
- Shop with a purpose and don’t linger.
- Send one person per household to shop the market.
- Leave pets at home.
- Consider pre-ordering from vendors at https://visitwoodstockga.com/landing-page/farmers/.
- No consumption of prepared foods or samples at the market.
- Shoppers shouldn’t touch items on vendor’s tables.
- Don’t walk or stand between booths.
- Avoid cash transactions; most vendors have electronic payment options.
- Use the hand sanitizing stations set up throughout the area.
- Restrooms are unavailable.
For more information, call 770-924-0406, visit https://visitwoodstockga.com/farm-fresh-market, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply