When it comes to love and marriage there is often no shortage of advice. The TowneLaker thought it would be fun to get advice from those who just may have a little wisdom on the subject. Combined, the seniors at the Cherokee County Senior Center who shared their advice and stories have over 317 years of first hand experience with marriage! These are the responses that they shared on the secret to a happy marriage:
- “Try to understand the other person’s point of view.” -Marty and Cindy Greco
- “Each person gives 110 percent.” -Lynne Singer
- “When we argued, we each said, “You can leave, but you take the kids!”” -Larry Press
- “Patience.” -Shari Valeri
- “Read the 13th chapter of Corinthians in the Bible.” -Carole Yeske
- “To give in and love her.” -George Greco
- “To give and take.” -Lorene Greco
- “Sharing and caring for each other.” -Kimberly Dyer
- “Best friends, work together, live together – love together, two people become one.” -Paula Scott
For more advice on becoming a newlywed, handling in-laws, and resolving arguments, check out the full feature on pages 20 and 21 of the February TowneLaker. You’ll also find romantic ideas and anecdotal proposals that will warm the heart!
From the staff at the TowneLaker in Woodstock, we wish you a happy Valentine’s Day! We hope you enjoy the day with your loved ones!