This month, summer is officially here! It’s time to get outside, soak up some sun by the pool and gather around a bonfire in the evening. While we spend much of our time outside, at the beach or even in our backyard, we also want to enjoy the benefits of summer from within our homes.
Summer is a great time to spend with friends, family and your furry friends. Invest the time now to get your home ready so you are able to spend the rest of the summer with those you cherish most, creating the best memories. Whether you need a landscaper, pest control specialist or a house cleaning service, reach out to a trusted real estate expert for his or her most recommended vendors.
1. Maximize energy efficiency. Consider replacing an older thermostat with a smart thermostat. You can program your air conditioner to kick on at the right time of day, saving you the most energy and money.
Nothing is worse in the middle of summer than the air conditioner going out. Replacing HVAC filters helps remove stress from the unit, which has to fight through any dust or dander that may have built up. Doing this every 90 days is a great practice.
2. Invest in pest control. Warmer weather means bugs are back again! Summer is a good time to look for a pest control service to keep pesky bugs at a distance, allowing you to enjoy your evenings in the backyard with peace of mind. Also, make sure to keep your lawn mowed weekly to keep ticks, which like long grass, out of sight.
3. Get ready to party. In other words, refresh outdoor furniture cushions that have been stored away all winter or coated with pollen in the spring. Run the cushions through the dryer to get rid of dust. Clean up your grill, refill your propane tank, prepare for outdoor games and make sure your sunscreen and bug spray have not expired. And, of course, stock up on hot dogs and hamburgers or your favorite foods to be ready for cookouts.
4. Tidy up flower beds. Take a trip to your favorite home improvement store and grab some fresh mulch and beautiful flowers, and get planting! This not only will increase curb appeal if you are in the market to sell, it also makes for a picture-perfect landscape and proud homeowner.
– Ursula and Associates (Jason Wilson and Ursula Butler) is a real estate team, associated with Keller Williams Realty Partners, that has specialized in Woodstock and surrounding areas since 1996.